Ear Nose and Throat Surgeon
Dr Michael Barakate is an Ear, Nose and Throat Surgeon with expertise in children’s and adult ENT Surgery, Rhinoplasty and Thyroid Surgery. Dr Michael Barakate reviews and treats people with ear nose throat conditions.
Dr Barakate is a member of the Australian Society of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery. He has over 15 years of surgical experience including dual fellowships from the Royal Australian College of Surgeons (ENT, General Surgery) and international experience from Oxford, UK (2005) and the University of Michigan, USA (2010).
Patient Care Philosophy
I enjoy using my clinical and surgical abilities to restore the form and function of my patients and hopefully to maximise their quality of life.
- Macquarie University Hospital
- Prince of Wales Private Hospital
- Sydney West Area Health Service – Auburn Hospital
- Children’s and adult ear nose and throat surgery
- Thyroid surgery
Education and Training
- MB BS, BSc (Med) – University of New South Wales (1996)
- Master of Surgery – University of Sydney (2003)
- Residency – Royal Prince Alfred Hospital 1996 – 1998
- General Surgery – Royal North Shore Hospital 1999 – 2002
- Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery – Sydney 2003, 2004, 2006
- ENT Specialist Registrar – Oxford, UK 2005
Royal Australasian College of Surgeons Certification
- FRACS (General Surgery) 2003
- FRACS (Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery) 2006
- Head and Neck Surgery – Prince of Wales Hospital 2007 – 2008 (18 months)
- Head and Neck Oncology Surgery & Reconstruction – University of Michigan Hospital 2009 – 2010 (8 months)